GP Extended Access
Greystoke Surgery now offers evening and weekend same day GP and pre-bookable nurse appointments to patients. Please contact reception for further details.
For urgent requests a doctor can be contacted throughout the day by ringing the surgery number – 01670 511393. A GP is available for urgent advice by telephone until 6.30pm.
Out Of Hours
What to do when the GP practice is closed:
– If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
– If you need medical help but it’s not an emergency call 111
During normal practice opening hours, the practice remains your first point of contact
for all routine requests.
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a
life-threatening emergency. Calls to NHS 111 are FREE from landlines and
mobiles and NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
When to call 111
You should call 111 when:
• You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
• The GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
• You don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
• Major accident or trauma
• Severe breathlessness
• Severe bleeding
• Loss of consciousness
• Severe chest pain