From the 3rd January 2017 we will be introducing a new ‘Same Day Access’ appointment system for GP appointments only.
This is how it works:
- Call us on the main surgery number 01670 511393 and ask to make an appointment with the doctor.
- The receptionist will ask you for your name and the most appropriate telephone number to contact you on. If you need to speak to the doctor urgently, because it is an emergency, tell the receptionist straight away.
- The receptionist will ask you to say generally what your health problem is. You don’t have to tell the receptionist if you don’t want to, but if you can, it helps the doctor to decide who needs their help first.
- If you think you may need a home visit, please say so when you speak to the receptionist. A home visit request should be made before 11.00 am. If the doctor thinks you need to be seen at home, they will arrange this when you speak to them during a telephone consultation.
- If you want to talk to a specific doctor please tell the receptionist, wherever possible they will arrange this. (Please bear in mind not all doctors work every day).
- When you call the surgery your call may go straight through to the doctor if they are free, or you will be added to the doctors list for a call back.
- The doctor will call you back as soon as they can. If you want us to call you back between certain times then please tell the receptionist and wherever possible we will arrange that.
- You can talk to the doctor about your health problem in the same way that you would if you were in the consulting room. If the doctor thinks you need to come into the surgery to be seen, or if you would still like to come in, he or she will make an appointment for you.
Please see New Appointment System for more information / FAQs.
Please GP Rotas advising of availability.