How to download and use the NHS App.
Before starting you will need the following information:
- Your email address
- Your NHS number
- Your date of birth
- Your post code
- A form of photo ID such as your passport or driving licence
- Your smartphone, which will need to include a camera
Steps to register and log in:
- Once you open the app, you need to firstly enter your email address – you’ll then be asked if you want to set up a new login. Select that option and press ‘Continue’.
- You will then be sent an email to check the address. This will mean closing the NHS app and then checking your emails to confirm receipt.
- Once you’ve done that, go back into the NHS app and click to say you have confirmed your email address.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter your mobile number and a security code will be texted to you. Enter this six code number into the box and click continue.
- You will then be asked for your NHS a number – enter this in the box.
- Enter your date of birth.
- You will then be asked about sending notifications and again need to press to confirm these and to continue.
- You will be given some log in options, for example if your mobile device supports fingerprint or face recognition, these can be used to access the app. Confirm if you would like to use these as options.
- Getting this far, will give you limited access to the NHS app. To get fuller access including the ability to book appointments and repeat medications, you will need to prove your identity and confirm which is your GP practice. Press continue to do this.
- When asked for an ODS code for your practice-this is NOT needed. If you scroll further down, you are able to continue without this code.
- The next page, asks a number of questions and you will need to choose a form of photo ID (such as driving licence or passport) in order to prove your identity. Select which form of ID you want to use, highlight this, and then press continue.
- Take a photo of your ID using your phone and following the instructions on the screen.
- Next you will be asked to scan your face using your phone camera. Again, follow the instructions on the screen to allow the face scan.
- All being well, you will receive an email within the next two hours, to say that your identity has been confirmed.
- When you next log in to the app, the final step is to connect your NHS account to the GP practice. Press on the link to do this, and you should then be able to access your NHS account. This will enable you to make appointments with the practice staff and order repeat prescriptions.
Or alternatively please see the You Tube link below: