Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19)
(this is different to rapid lateral flow tests – which are only for people who do not have symptoms).
https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test (please click on this link to arrange test)
If you have any of these 3 coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, use this service to get a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test as soon as possible:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
You can order a PCR test kit to be sent to your home or book an appointment at a walk-in or drive-through test site.
If you have symptoms, you and everyone you live with must immediately self-isolate. Do not leave home until you get your test results, except to post a test kit or for a PCR test appointment.
You should not use this service if you’ve received a positive PCR test result in the last 90 days, unless you develop any new symptoms.
Getting a PCR test if you have no symptoms
You can also use this service if:
- you’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive
- you’ve been asked to get a test by a local council or someone from NHS Test and Trace
- a GP or other health professional has asked you to get a test
- you’re taking part in a government pilot project
- you’ve been asked to get a test to confirm a positive result
- you’ve received an unclear result and were told to get a second test
- you need to get a test for someone you live with who has symptoms
- you’re in the National Tactical Response Group