You may be aware that the surgery has been experiencing problems with our phone system over the past few months and although fixes have been put in place, our telecoms provider have advised us that to resolve issues (such as being cut off, not hearing a dialling tone etc.), we will need to update the platform our telephone system sits on.
The recommended solution requires us to have a separate direct dial telephone number for Prescriptions.
The Partners wanted to seek patient views on this and any comments or suggestions will be gratefully received. Please feel free to contact the Medicines Management Team on 01670 511393.
On Yer Bike!
On 13th May 2018 Dr Glennie will be cycling 112 miles through the Lake District over the passes of Kirkstone, Honnister, Whinlatter, Hardknott and Wrynose climbing a total of 3950m.
To provide some meaning to this suffering he is riding to raise money for the Great North Air Ambulance and we would appreciate your support.
Winter training has been delayed by the “beast from the east” but Dr Glennie rode his first preparation ride on the 24th March covering 81 miles over the flatter terrain around the Cumbrian coast and Carlisle.
If you would like to donate you can visit the just giving page at:
NHS Breast Screening coming to our area: selected patients aged between 47-73 years will be invited in during March and April 2018. Invites will be sent directly to patient from Breast Screening.
Sign up to GP online services and you’ll be able to use a website or app to:
- book or cancel appointments online with a GP or nurse
- order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
- view clinical correspondence such as hospital discharge summaries, outpatient appointment letters and referral letters For more details please see link:
- The service is free and available to everyone who is registered with a GP.
For more details please see link: